TO PROVIDE HELP TO DUTCH CITIZENS IN NEED
Our applicants have often tried and failed to access help elsewhere so
WHO ARE RESIDENT IN THE UK
that by the time they reach us their personal situation can be very urgent.
A small handful of applicants are long-term beneficiaries who receive a
In 2019 we received over 80 applicant requests (against 50 in 2018).
- A significant proportion of our applicants are single mothers.
- A significant proportion of our applicants have mental health issues.
- Many people find the burden of bureaucracy onerous and this often then
impedes the provision of satisfactory financial and emotional support.
- Our philosophy is to aid where we can.
- To actively listen to every applicant’s life story
- To visit as many applicants as possible
- To provide a collective and considered strategy of help
Whilst the Charity has up till now been able to cover its expenditure, we are concerned the recent growth in new applications may exceed our financial resources.
- We have a small investment fund
- We receive no corporate sponsorship
- We rely on private donor generosity
- We employ one Social Work Coordinator
- The Board of 14 Trustees give their time and input free of charge
This may mean we will not be able to give all the support needed !